Friday, September 7, 2012

FIRST WEEK NEWS

August 31, 2012


Greetings, Parents!

We have had a terrific, busy, first week of second grade!  Thank you all for sending in the classroom supplies and the paperwork.  Please take your time in filling out the paperwork over the next week or so. Thank you also for your emails and notes.  I can’t wait until this year really gets rolling! 

 

I will send a more detailed newsletter next week, but I wanted to touch base on a things:


·         Many second grade tidbits were in the first day letter.  The letter can be read on our class blog.

·         I have included a class list of our amazing students!
Our Room Moms are Allison Melich and Shelby Smith.  I thank them for volunteering!

·         Our class coffee is next Friday at 9:30 – 10:15.

·         Our snack time is in the morning.  Please read our nurse’s room message for some extra details about snack:

Please be aware that there are children in our class with life threatening allergies to peanuts and tree nuts.  These include peanut, almond, brazil, cashew, filbert, chestnut, hickory, macadamia, pecan, pistachio, walnut and pine nuts.  Daily snacks are to be individual and not shared.  I appreciate you taking this into consideration when preparing your child’s classroom snack.

·         Sharing will be on Fridays.

·         Photo Day is Tuesday, September 11th.

·         Monday is Labor Day, so I will miss seeing your children!  Enjoy the long weekend!


Thank you so much.  I look forward to a great year.

 


Sincerely,


Cathy McGettigan

No comments:

Post a Comment